Monday, September 9, 2013

Baseball Charity Quilt

Quilts for Kids is an incredible organization that gives beautiful quilts - made by volunteers - to kids, of any age, in need of comfort from a range of traumatic experiences.  Really, there are few things as comforting as cuddling into a quilt.  Quilts are just full of love!  Quilts for Kids will actually send you a quilt kit with fabric and a pattern that you then quilt and send back to them to give to a child in need.  To add to the fun, you don't know what fabric or pattern you will end up with!  It's a complete surprise...and I was really surprised with mine!

I received a package with the brightest colors of green and yellow and orange - not me at all.  But this quilt wasn't for me, so I continued on.  It actually ended up being pretty cute.  A little boy somewhere will love this baseball themed quilt!

IMG_1440

IMG_1441

As a quilting volunteer, you must provide the backing and binding fabric.  Amazingly enough, the green fabric I used in this quilt matched beautifully, so I used it for the backing and binding.  It, too, is ready to be shipped out!

No comments:

Post a Comment