Monday, September 9, 2013

Practicing

Last November, when I got my sewing machine, I made a few, small practice samplers to get the hang of free-motion quilting.  I didn't like the feeling that I was wasting fabric, and I caught on to stippling and loops pretty quickly, so I decided to make a couple coverlets to really practice the two techniques.  They are far from perfect - it's kinda fun to see how far I've come in a year! - but they are far from bad, too.  And they are the perfect snuggling size.

IMG_1435 

The green coverlet is for one of my husband's dear friends and her new husband, and the red one is for a co-worker that moved out of state that cross-trained me and became my close friend!  I am SO late in sending them out, but better late than never.  It is something I am trying to improve on this year - being more punctual with gifts!  So far, I have done quite poorly, so I think it will be a goal that is carried over into next year.

IMG_1436
Close up of the stippling/meanders

IMG_1438
Close up of the loop-de-loops

I love the contrasting bindings!

IMG_1439

IMG_1437

IMG_1445
All rolled up and ready to be shipped!

No comments:

Post a Comment