Friday, August 30, 2013

Gracie

My cousin, Candace, is one of my very best friends - we have been since I was born.  This quilt is for her beautiful little girl, Gracie Jo.  She is all girl and all tom-boy rolled into one.  My aunt jokes that Gracie is actually my daughter...I just think God knows what He's doing giving Candace a toddler like I was! ;)

Originally, this quilt was going to be for me, but a fabric calculation error made it apparent very early on that it was only going to be a toddler size, and immediately I knew it was for Gracie.  I am giddy over how it turned out!

124 modified 
Front: Made with "Honey, Honey" Charm packs
Approx. 40"x40"

126 modified
Back
 
Candace received it so beautifully, and, while Gracie (approx. 18 months) gave no sort of reaction, I knew it would be well loved.  Candace told me later that Gracie insists on sleeping with her quilt, and not mommy's quilt, each night at bed time.  Sweet little thing!

125 modified 

  129 modified

 128 modified
I'm not technically her aunt...but she will grow up thinking and calling me "Aunt Tacy", so I went with it!

No comments:

Post a Comment