Sunday, May 26, 2013

Dreaming

I quilt.  I'm relatively new to quilting, but I quilt...and I love it!  My sweet husband bought me my very own sewing machine for my birthday in November 2012; previous to having my own machine, I shared my mom's machine with her.  Since November, I have made close to 10 quilts with more in the works and hundreds more in my mind and on my Pinterest boards.  There is no stopping me!  I read somewhere that I need to be labeling my quilts, and both my mom and grandma have encouraged me to take pictures of my quilts (as many of them are given as gifts) so I can remember them and see my improvements over time.  I agree with them.  So I made this blog.  But I feel really awkward about it!  I see so many professional blogs from amazing quilters who make a living with their works, and it seems strange to me to try to put myself on the web with them.  And when it came to naming my blog, I really felt stupid...like I was naming a grand business...and I really don't imagine hundreds of people following me here.  Nonetheless, I did it.  Here is it, Lilly Minnow Quilts.  Maybe one day I'll be the next big thing and I'll be glad...otherwise, I'll lovingly tend it and it will be a great journaling of my works.  As for the name - Lilly Minnow - they are my cats.  Yes, I'm a crazy cat lady!  I don't have kids, but I do feel like their mommy!  And they try to be so...helpful...laying all over everything I'm trying to work with...finding spools of thread to tangle when I'm not looking...they are always there watching me work.  So it seemed fitting.  So, Mom, since I know at least you will read this...thank you!  ;)  Here we go -

No comments:

Post a Comment